In today's high-tech world, everyone uses e-mails whether it's a person or business. But how many of them are aware of email security. Email is critical to any business being competitive. In most cases it now becomes the backbone of most organizations and their day-to-day activities. The use of emails is on growth but what about the email security. Every user of emails should know the email rules and regulations and other cyber rules. Here we will discuss some common and important tips for email security.
Email security is not only a term and not so simple. It's a lot more than just using a good password of your email account or server. Email security becomes more significant as its usage in the market.
1. Automated Addressing: dmarc analyzerWhen we use email software, in some of the cases it select wrong recipient and that's create a problem. It's a problem and harmful when you are discussing about business secrets. So it's good to turn off the automated software.
2. What should be used BC or CC: When you use CC then all the recipient can see the mail addresses of others too, so unfortunately you sharing their email address to the world that shouldn't be.
And if you use BCC then each recipient only know that he is a recipient but not be able to see the other recipient. It is secure to use BCC in place of CC whenever possible.
3. Kept your Emails Safe: Never save the mails in text formats on a machine that other people have access. If u require the plain text of your received and sent emails then save them on a private system where others can't access them.
4. Don't use only one email account: You should not use only one account to fulfill all of your requirements. For the security purpose you can use more than one account as one for only business conversation and one for your personal conversation.
5. Double Check your recipient list and be professional: Always check the recipient when sending emails to save yourself from problems. Don't use spam keywords in your email text and subject. So be careful.
6. Close the browser after logging out form the email account: Whenever you use your email account at publicly accessed system like cybercafé or library always remember to close the browser after logging out from your email account.
7. Delete the browser history and password: Most of the browsers keep track of the web pages you visit and some password and personal information to help you to fill out the similar forms but it's not safe when you are using a public terminal. So whenever this happened to you delete the browser history to keep your information secure.
8. Don't Spam Emails: Forwarding emails can be security threat as it becomes a chain and more people can see your email address. So don't forward all the emails without checking for the email security. Never spam emails like this.
9. Should not use reply all button when replying Emails: never use the reply all button and try to reply individually so that conversation does not go wrong and you secrets remains secret.
10. Mobile Access: When you are accessing emails from your mobile as now it's possible, keep in mind that some email servers delete the email from your inbox if you download them through any software on your phone and delete them. So be careful when deleting any email through your phone or do changes in your settings to keep the backup of that mail.