Since a foreclosed property may need a few touch ups here and there, you may be in for an instant home project. Some repairs are part- or section-specific, and if you are wondering which part of a pre-owned home that's usually in need of a repair or renovation, that kitchen renovation tipswould most likely be the kitchen. Because apart from the bathroom, the kitchen is the part of the house that's over used.
Now, if you have recently purchased or are renting out a foreclosed condo unit and you noticed that the kitchen is in dire need of a makeover, it doesn't mean that you have to jump up and down and start pulling your hair out of frustration. Why? Because contrary to popular belief, kitchen renovations need not be expensive and time consuming. There are several ways to help give your kitchen a new look. Now to do this, deal with the project part-by-part, which means every part of your kitchen should be treated with utmost care and should be given enough attention.
1. Walls. Choose nice, clean and calm colors when painting the walls in your kitchen. Try bright colors such as sunshine or pastel yellow, light green and baby blue. The light color will create an illusion and will give your kitchen new and larger dimension. Aside from that the cool colors will give you the impression that the place is cool enough even if you are slaving away in front of the stove.
2. Floor. You really don't need to install new tiles or floors, especially if the flooring is still in good shape. This will help you save more money since tiles, wood paneling and boards can be a bit expensive. But if the kitchen floor is a mess, you can contact suppliers that offer low priced, but high quality, materials for the repairs.
3. Use light colored drapes and blinds for your windows. But if you have a windowless kitchen, ask a trusted interior designer where you can install the appropriate lighting system to make your kitchen look bigger and brighter. Lighting fixtures installed under cabinets will work best for this type of kitchen. You may also arrange scented candles or odor eliminating candles on your kitchen counter to add light and make your condo kitchen look chic.
4. Paint your cabinets white. There are those that give off a glossy shine, this will help the light bounce back and around the room, without the need to install high powered light bulbs that consume a huge amount of electricity. Stainless steel cabinet handles creates a mirror effect as well.
5. Decorating your kitchen walls is also easy. If you have very limited space in your kitchen, you do not need bulky furniture - since those will only take up too kitchen renovation tips much space. So to make sure that you have enough room to move around, install small shelves on your wall. The shelves will serve as decorations or wall accents and at the same time as storage area for some of your spices, cups and saucers.